West Parent Pick Up Procedures
We are all looking forward to a great year at Ballard West Elementary! I would like to take this opportunity to remind all families of student pick-up and drop-off procedures. Safety is of top importance, and we are thankful for the cooperation of all families. We need your help ensuring the safety of all students during pick-up and drop-off times. Please note the following reminders:
- Adult supervision starts at 7:30am and ends at 3:15pm.
- Student Drop-Off: Follow the blue arrows for student drop off. Students should enter/exit on the passenger side of the car when you are along the east side of the school by the cones.
- Student Pick-Up: Follow the blue arrows for student pick-up. Stay to the right until your child is in your vehicle so families who have picked up their children can exit the parking lot. Place a namecard in your front windshield when picking up your student to expedite the boarding process.
- Park in the parking lot if you would like to escort your student to/from the front doors.
- School starts at 8:00 am. Ensure adequate time for your student to be in the classroom by 8:00.
• Bus Lane: Busses and school vans ONLY from 7:30-8:30am and 2:30-3:30pm. Do NOT drive in the bus lane during these times. This includes AM and PM preschool drop off/pick-up. Driving in the bus lane during restricted hours is in violation of district expectations as well as state law requiring a restricted loading zone for busses and other school vehicles.
Thank you for your time and attention. We appreciate your cooperation and support as we work to ensure a safe environment for all students at Ballard West.