2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration Information
How do I register my child for Kindergarten?
Ballard Community Schools requires the use of our online registration system for all new and returning students. If you are a family new to the Ballard District please click here. For all families who have had a child enrolled in Ballard Community Schools or one of our 4 year old preschool programs, please log into your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account and select Online Registration from the menu. You will be able to register any existing students and add your new Kindergarten student to your existing household. Along with registering your student(s) online, we also require the following paper forms be completed and returned to the registrar to complete your students Kindergarten registration.
Kindergarten Registration Checklist
Please follow the Kindergarten Registration Checklist to guide you through the registration process.
- Proof of Child’s Birth (can be provided in the form of a passport, adoption papers or medical certificate. Copies of birth certificates no longer accepted but can also be verified by Ballard employee)
- Kindergarten Student Information Form
- Home Language Survey
- District Proof of Residency (proof of residency can be in the form of: mortgage statement, lease agreement or utility bill. NO PO Box accepted)
Please contact District Registrar, Amber Jungst with any questions regarding these documents.
The district requests a copy of the child’s current immunization certificate. For children receiving immunizations after April 2nd, an up-to-date immunization certificate will need to be submitted to the school nurse by the first day of school.
- Immunization Certificate
- Dental Screening
- Vision Screening
- Medical Examination Form
- Home Language Survey
Please contact the Ballard West nurse with any questions or concerns.
Contact Ballard West Elementary at 515-228-3890 with any questions or concerns about Kindergarten or the enrollment process. You may also contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or (515) 597-2811 ext. 1002.
You may submit the required items in one of the following ways:
- to the Ballard West Elementary Secretary
- to the Registrar at the District Office, 509 N Main Ave, Huxley, IA 50124
- Via mail: Ballard Community Schools Attn: Registrar, 509 N Main Ave, Huxley, IA 50124
- Via email: email@example.com
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
Kindergarten Parent Meeting
Our informational kindergarten parent meeting for Thursday, April 2, 2020 at Ballard West Elementary in Slater as been POSTPONED. A make up date has not been scheduled at this time.
Kindergarten Round Up
Kindergarten Roundup, which is an opportunity for our Kindergarten teachers to meet your child and evaluate their kindergarten readiness, was scheduled for Friday, April 17, 2020 but has now been POSTPONED.
We will share more information on when the Kindergarten Parent Meeting and Roundup will occur in the following weeks.
The Kindergarten Roundup Schedule will be available soon.