2023-2024 Ballard Student Registration is now available.
Online Registration must be completed for each student attending Ballard for the 2023-2024 school year. Please refer to the list provided below for any medical forms that are required to complete the registration process and return all forms using one of the methods listed below.
New to the District? Click here!
Returning student registration process:
To register your student(s) you will need to log into your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account and in the lower left-hand corner select “More” and then the “Online Registration” link to start the process. Parents will need to use their own parent portal account for registering students, this can not be done from the Student Portal. Be sure to select the 23-24 registration year for your application and click Begin Registration. It may take several minutes for the site to load all of the data on file for your household. Also, note that you must complete the Online Registration process for all of your enrolled students at one time. This includes incoming 3 and 4 year old preschool students that will attend Ballard West Elementary or any of our local preschool partners.
- You must register all students grades 3-year-old preschool through 12th grade at the same time. Only one registration will be accepted per household every year. This can be done by adding selecting the “Add new student” button during the registration process.
- Common grade misconceptions: PK3 – 3 year old Preschool, PK4 – 4 year old Preschool and 00 – Kindergarten Student
- Primary household information will only appear in the Online Registration; the shared or non-household parent may be found and verified under “demographic data”.
All students that will need transportation services for the 2023-2024 school year MUST complete the Online Registration and indicate their need for transportation. Please fill out the embeded Transportation Registration survey when prompted. This is the ONLY way your student will be assigned to a bus route. Bus routes will be available in early August in your Ride 360 Parent App.
Required Registration Documents (Kindergarten and Preschool only):
The following documents are required to be submitted before a student’s registration is complete. Please use the Kindergarten Registration Checklist to organize your child’s paperwork. All required Kindergarten forms can be found on the Kindergarten Registration page of the Ballard West website.
- Kindergarten Registration Checklist
- Kindergarten Student Information Form
- Home Language Survey (if not previously completed)
- District Proof of Residency (proof of residency can be in the form of a mortgage statement, lease agreement or utility bill. No PO Box accepted)
Required Health Documents (All students):
The district requests a copy of the child’s current immunization certificate. Immunization Certificates MUST be submitted to the school nurse prior to the first day of school. All required health documents can be found on the Ballard District Website.
- Certification of Immunization: Required for all new students and all incoming Kindergarten, 7th Grade (Tdap and Meningococcal Vaccines) and 12th grade students (Meningococcal Vaccine)
- Medical Examination Form: Required for all new students, incoming Preschool and Kindergarten students.
- Vision Screening: Required for all incoming Kindergarten and 3rd Grade students
- Dental Screening: Required for all incoming Kindergarten and 9th Grade Students
- Asthma Action Plan: if applicable
- Food Allergy Anaphylaxis Emergency Action Plan: if applicable
Please complete the required documents and return in one of the following ways:
Amber Jungst, District Registrar
Ballard Community Schools
509 N. Main Ave
Huxley, IA 50124
Drop Off: Please place all documents in a sealed envelope and drop off in the Ballard District Office mailbox located in front of the Ballard Middle School.