Kindergarten Registration Information
How do I register my child for Kindergarten?
Ballard Community Schools require the use of our online registration system for all new and returning students. Please choose the registration process below that applies to your family.
New Family to the District – You do not have any children currently enrolled at Ballard or any of our local preschool programs
Current Ballard Family – You have a child enrolled at Ballard Schools (EK-12) or one of the local preschool programs
For all families who have had a child enrolled in Ballard Community Schools or one of our 4 year old preschool programs, please log into your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account and select Online Registration from the menu. You will be able to register any existing students and add your new Kindergarten student to your existing household.
What else is required to complete my child’s Kindergarten registration?
The following documents are required to be submitted before a student’s registration is complete. Please use the Kindergarten Registration Checklist to organize your child’s paperwork.
District Proof of Residency
All new students to Ballard Community Schools must provide proper documentation establishing residency in the district. The name and address on these documents must match the name and address of the parent or legal guardian of the student(s) being registered. Residency at the physical address is required.
If you own your home, please provide ONE of the following:
- Printed verification page from Story County Assessor’s Web page.
- A copy of your most recent property tax bill
- A copy of a recent mortgage statement
- A utility bill for the last or current month, mailed to your Ballard residence
If you recently closed on a new home:
- A copy of the settlement statement from closing or the warranty deed
If you recently made an offer on a home:
- A copy of the purchase contract that states the Ballard address, possession/closing date and signature of parent/guardian
If you rent, please provide ONE of the following:
- A copy of your signed lease agreement with terms listed. The agreement MUST contain property owner’s name, address and signature; and name and signature of parent/guardian
- Utility bill for the last or current month, mailed to your Ballard residence
If you live with a family already in the district, please bring ALL of the following:
- Completed and Notarized Co-residency Form
- Proof of your residence at that address. (ie: bank statement, insurance statement, utility bill or any other bill, pay stub from your current employer, etc.) with your name and Ballard address clearly listed and from the last or current month
- Verification of residency for the family with whom you are residing with
District Proof of Residency(proof of residency can be in the form of: mortgage statement, lease agreement or utility bill. NO PO Box accepted)
Co-Residency Form (to be completed if you are residing with a family already in the district)
Required Health Documents
The district requests a copy of the child’s current immunization certificate. Immunization certificates MUST be submitted to the school nurse before the first day of school.
Please contact the Ballard West Nurse with any questions or concerns regarding medical paperwork.
Early Kindergarten Information
You may submit the required paper documents in one of the following ways:
1. To the Registrar at the District Office, 509 N Main Ave, Huxley, IA 50124
2. Via mail: Ballard Community Schools Attn: Registrar, 509 N Main Ave, Huxley, IA 50124
3. Via email: email@example.com
Contact District Registrar, Amber Jungst with any questions or concerns about the enrollment process.
Phone: (515) 597-2811 ext. 1002.